Gitschberg Jochtal is a family-friendly summer destination that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for an action-packed experience or a relaxation-focused time out, you will be spoilt for choice. And the best thing is that many of the activities we suggest here below are free for holders of the Almencard – a complimentary advantage card that you will receive on checking in at Panorama Living Dolomites.
- The Gitschberg Sun Park and the Jochtal Adventure Park are two perfect destinations for a day out with the kids. Attractions include a giant slide, various balance and climbing courses, a water park and a wind chime. Both parks are easily accessible and pram-friendly.
- The family-friendly Alpinpool swimming pool in Meransen is definitely worth a visit.
- There are two mini-golf courses in the Gitschberg Jochtal area: one is in Meransen and only a short walk from Panorama Living Dolomites; the other is a 25-minute drive away, in Terenten. If you are into tennis, you have a choice of four indoor and outdoor tennis courts.
- The Krixly Kraxly climbing course by the Jochtal lift mountain terminal, in Vals, offers kids aged five to nine years the opportunity to try their hand at climbing under the supervision of trained mountain guides. They will learn how to use the rope, hooks and carabiners and have a taster of what it’s like to climb a route in a team. For children aged 10 to 14 years there’s the Kletterhetz guided tour, which starts at the Franzensfeste fortress.
- Have you caught one of our rare rainy days? No worries: you can use your Almencard and visit over 80 museums and exhibitions for free. A great day is guaranteed, no matter the weather!
- Time for some retail therapy? Use public transport – the towns of Brixen, Bruneck and Bozen, with their historic arcades and winding cobbled streets, are perfect settings for your shopping spree. Remember to take your Almencard with you, so you can travel on all public transport throughout South Tyrol for free!
- Adrenaline junkies will get their money’s worth, too: how about taking off from Mt. Gitschberg for an exciting paragliding flight with a qualified instructor? It’s going to be unforgettable!